Hey guys! Thought I’d do something different this time. The weather has been so sh*tty lately, and everything feels wet, hot and gross. That’s why for food I usually want something light, fresh but still fills me up. Check out this recipe I shared with the Profood crew!
I love making this on a Saturday afternoon when I’m trying to eat light to balance out a heavy Friday night, plus it only takes about ten minutes to put together but still looks beautiful and packs in some great flavours.
Sweet and juicy figs (the taste of summer) elevate the lightness and crunch of the fresh salad greens, plus you get a luxurious hit of umami from the prosciutto and caviar, whilst the creamy cheese makes the dish feel even more filling; this salad makes for a perfect summer treat as either a shared aperitif or a main.
Mozzarella, Figs and Prosciutto Salad with Caviar
Serves 4 as a starter, 2 as a main
5g Adamas Black Caviar
1 mozzarella or burrata ball
2 ripe figs 4 slices/60g prosciutto (or another ham of your preference)
1 medium-sized head yellow endive
½ medium-sized head radicchio
½ medium-sized head frisée
A handful of rocket leaves
Olive oil and black pepper to taste
- Wash, drain and tear all the salad greens into smaller pieces. Cut the figs into quarters.
- Drain the cheese and dab it dry with kitchen towel.
- Plate the dish starting with the salad greens, followed by the quartered figs. Place the cheese in the centre, then add the slices of rolled-up prosciutto around the plate.
- Place a generous spoonful of caviar on top of the cheese.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and freshly grinded black pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Head over to Profood for more ingredients shopping and delish recipes. x